This summer, embark on a scenic and sustainable journey to Barcelona
With Renfe-SNCF, your vacation starts the second you set foot on the train. Get ready to create summer memories on one of the most picturesque train routes in Europe, surrounded by modern-day comforts.
Feel the soothing rhythm of the train as you watch outstanding vistas from the window. Relax with a drink and snacks, wrap up work online, or meet fellow travelers along the way.
Take a front-row seat to breathtaking and sustainable journeys. Get to Barcelona from Paris or Lyon with Renfe-SNCF.
Renfe-SNCF company information
As the name suggests, Renfe-SNCF brings together two railway companies: Renfe in Spain and SNCF in France. This European partnership makes it possible to take a high-speed train from France to Spain, and vice versa.
Renfe Train Travel. Source: Shutterstock
Popular routes with Renfe-SNCF
If you’re planning a trip to Barcelona with friends or a weekend in sunny Andalusia, Renfe-SNCF is the means of transport for you. Take the Renfe-SNCF Paris-Barcelona or travel to Malaga from Lyon , Seville, or even Valencia on Renfe-SNCF. The trains are direct, with no transfers between France and Spain. All you have to do is sit back, relax, and enjoy a direct journey to your final destination.
Renfe-SNCF Stations and Destinations
Renfe-SNCF journeys take you from major French cities directly to the Spanish sun. Barcelona, Valencia, Madrid, Bilbao, Malaga, and Seville are just a few of the destinations you can reach via Renfe-SNCF trains from Paris, Marseille, Avignon, Toulouse, Lyon, Montpellier, or Perpignan. Travel to Spain at the best price by purchasing a Renfe-SNCF ticket on Omio. The combinations offered by this European partnership are numerous, and they will all lead you to the land of tapas and sangria.
Renfe-SNCF: Good to Know
Boarding is possible up to 1 hour before departure and closes 5 minutes beforehand. You must have both your ticket and a valid ID to board the train. Each passenger can take up to 3 pieces of luggage, and you can travel with a pet weighing less than 22 lbs (10 kg).
Renfe-SNCF: Ticket Types
To make tickets accessible to everyone, Renfe-SNCF offers options and various ticket types so you can find the fare that suits your budget and travel style. The Essential ticket is the cheapest option. Exchangeable or refundable at 50% until the day of departure, it is designed for travelers who do not plan to modify their trip. The Flexi ticket is very flexible. As the name suggests, it can be canceled up to 24 hours before the train’s departure free of charge. The youth discount can be applied to tickets for travelers ages 14 to 25.
Renfe Train Bike. Source: Shutterstock
Experience the comfort of the AVE and TGV INOUI trains on your next Renfe-SNCF journey. Completely renovated, they are equipped to meet all your needs. The trains usually consist of 1st and 2nd class coaches, a bar carriage, and an Espace Club. The large seats allow you to enjoy your journey with comfort and convenience. Each seat reclines and is equipped with a table and an electrical outlet so you can charge your devices during the trip.
Renfe-SNCF: Trains are more sustainable than planes
In terms of CO2 emissions, energy consumption, noise, and even the usage of space, trains are more environmentally-friendly than airplanes. Long train journeys generate less greenhouse gases than long airplane journeys.
Renfe-SNCF: What to do when you arrive in France
Whether you arrive in Paris, Lyon, or Marseille, you will disembark feeling refreshed and rested after a comfortable journey with Renfe-SNCF. Start by identifying the different modes of transport available to you at the train station to reach your final destination. In Marseille, you can treat yourself to a trip on the Canebière from Saint-Charles station. In Paris, reach the most famous shops and sites of interest in just a few minutes. In Lyon, the best food and drinks are waiting to tantalize your taste buds.
Renfe Train Landscape. Source: Shutterstock
You can book your Renfe-SNCF train ticket on the Omio website or the app. You will also find purchase terminals in the main stations, and you can, of course, buy your ticket directly at an SNCF counter.
- You can print your Renfe-SNCF ticket or use an e-ticket in your Omio account. You can present it via the app during the ticket checks on the train.
- You can change your train ticket on the Omio website or app, or at the station free of charge if you have opted for a Flexi fare. This allows you to change your trip up to 24 hours before departure at no cost.
- You can cancel the ticket in your account on the app, on the Omio website, or at a ticket counter at the train station. The Flexi fare also allows you to cancel the trip free of charge up to 24 hours before the departure time. With an Essential ticket, 50% of the cost of the ticket will be refunded to you.
- Unfortunately, you cannot transfer your ticket to a third party. An identity check will be carried out at the same time as the ticket check. The name on the ticket must match the name on your identification document.
- You will be able to board the train without showing your ID. However, you will need to present your ID when your ticket is checked onboard the train.
- In the event of a problem, you can address your complaint directly to the Renfe-SNCF counter at your departure or arrival station.
- Renfe-SNCF offers many assistance services for passengers with limited mobility. These services are designed to facilitate access to the train, from boarding to descent. Onboard the trains, the toilets are equipped with a sound system to be activated if necessary, and specific places are reserved for travelers in wheelchairs.
- No legal provision can prevent a minor from traveling alone. Note, however, that Renfe-SNCF declines all responsibility in the event of an incident.
- Free admission applies to children up to 4 years old. From the age of 4 to 14, the child benefits from a 40% reduction on a Flexi or Essential ticket.
- Each traveler can take up to 3 pieces of luggage, weighing a total of 55 lbs (25 kg). The dimensions of each piece of luggage must not exceed 33 x 21 x 13 in (85 x 55 x 35 cm).
- You can take your bike with you onboard Renfe-SNCF trains for free, as long as it is packed in a cover no bigger than 47 x 35 in (120 x 90 cm).
- Each traveler can bring one pet onboard, provided that its weight does not exceed 22 lbs (10 kg). The pet must also travel in a cage, the dimensions of which must not exceed 23 x 13 x 13 in (60 x 35 x 35 cm).
- All trains are equipped with free WiFi, as well as access to multimedia content or pay-per-view services.
- All trains have a bar carriage where you can buy food and drinks. A mobile bar service is also available for those who don’t want to leave their seats.
- Yes, all cars are equipped with toilets, some of which are even adapted for people with reduced mobility.
- Yes, all AVE and TGV INOUI train seats have an individual socket to plug in and charge electronic devices during your journey.
- Renfe-SNCF trains are equipped with a high level of comfort, including large reclining seats, tables, and individual power outlets. WiFi is accessible to all passengers free of charge. The trains also have a bar carriage for dining.
- All AVE and TGV INOUI trains have first class (Preferente for AVE), offering maximum comfort with large spaces and access to a club lounge at the train station.