Terms & Conditions of Use for Omio Vouchers
Last Update: 26 March 2021
- Omio Vouchers are awarded on various occasions and may be applied, unless indicated otherwise, to any eligible transport tickets that are booked with Omio.
- Discount amounts vary and can only be applied for a limited time as indicated in Your specific Voucher coupon.
- Vouchers can only be used once. Any residual sum ceases to be valid after the booking and cannot be paid out in cash or used for a second booking.
- Only one Voucher can be used for each booking process. Omio Vouchers cannot be cumulated with any other promotions or offers; for example, Travel Bonus from Omio Referral Program.
- Vouchers may only be redeemed for bookings booked and paid via the Omio Platform. Omio Vouchers cannot be redeemed for tickets purchased off site using external third-parties or for certain providers that have been integrated directly into Our Services such as Amtrak or Deutsche Bahn, among others.
- The value of the Voucher will discount the total booking value, including any applicable taxes, fees and/or ancillary services. If the total booking value exceeds that of the Omio Voucher, the difference can be paid by any of the payment methods available on the Omio Platform.
- Vouchers are coupons issued for promotional purposes only; they cannot be redeemed for cash, are non-refundable and non-changeable. Please note, in certain cases, as indicated in Your Voucher coupon, Vouchers may not be transferable.
- A Voucher will be deemed fully used once an eligible booking has been made and may not be reused, even in the event that You or the respective provider change or cancel Your booking. Once the Voucher has been used, its value will not be refunded in case of change or cancellation and will not be applied against cancellation or change penalties.
- Vouchers may have a fixed value in a specific currency. Currency conversion rates will apply at the time of Voucher redemption based on the currency of the booking*.
- If the Voucher is not redeemed within the validity period (if any), then the Voucher is deemed invalid and considered forfeited.
- To redeem Your Voucher, provided that all the conditions indicated in Your Voucher coupon, on the Omio Platform and/or on any promotional materials are met, You just need to enter Your Voucher code on the payment page prior to completing Your booking.
- We reserve the right to suspend or cancel the validity of the Voucher at any time. We reserve the right to cancel bookings if You use several Vouchers in one booking transaction.
- Severability: If any provision in these terms are held to be invalid, non-binding, or unenforceable, such provision or the part of it that is making it invalid, non-binding or unenforceable, will be struck and not affect the validity of and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Our services are constantly evolving and expanding. We therefore reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time. For existing Vouchers, the terms and conditions that were valid at the time of obtaining an Omio Voucher will apply, unless a notice of amendment was received beforehand.
*Any exchange rate will be calculated using a system-wide rate, known as the base exchange rate. This rate is used for currency conversion using data from one or more third parties. We regularly update the base exchange rate, it may not, however, be identical to the real-time market rate.