The current restriction level for returning to Cologne, Germany from Austria is: Partially open.
Am I allowed to reenter Cologne, Germany from Graz, Austria?
Reentering Germany is currently allowed for: Entry is partially open for citizens and permanent residents of Austria
Do I need to self-quarantine when I arrive back to Cologne from Graz?
- Negative COVID-19 test issued at most 3 days before arrival or 14 day mandatory self-quarantine
- Travellers with a certificate of vaccination are exempt from providing a negative COVID-19 test and can bypass compulsory quarantine on arrival
- Travellers who have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months are exempt from providing a negative COVID-19 test and can bypass compulsory quarantine on arrival (certificate required)
- Negative COVID-19 test is required to end quarantine early. This test occurs on day 5 in quarantine
- Digital entry registration is required prior to arrival
- The exact quarantine requirements depend on the regulations in each federal state
Which rules do I need to follow in Cologne, Germany regarding COVID-19?
All travellers returning to Germany must observe the following safety measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the country:
- Physical distance: 1.5 metre (s) (5 feet)
- Face masks: Mandatory
The information above was last checked on 05/12/2021. We do our best to keep this information up-to-date, but regulations can change due to the nature of the coronavirus pandemic, so please double check the latest COVID-19 travel safety regulations ahead of your trip back to Cologne from Graz here.