Tell Us How to Experience Your City ‘Like a Local’
If you wanted to give a tourist an authentic experience of your city in just 48 hours, where would you take them? What hidden gems and insider tips could you reveal to make them really feel like a local in your city?
We’re inviting travel bloggers and vloggers to enter our #likealocal competition by telling us how to really experience your city ‘like a local’ in 48 hours. The first prize winner will receive £300 to spend on their next city trip, 2nd place winner will receive a Fuji Instax Mini camera in a colour of their choice*, and 3rd prize, a portable power bank to charge their phone while they travel.
The lucky winner will also be featured on the Omio Blog and social pages, and will get to share their posts with a wider travel audience.
This competition has now closed – thank you to everyone who took part.
1st – Allie-May Redmond, The Friday Girl – http://thefridaygirl.co.uk/2017/09/19/how-to-be-a-nottingham-local-in-48-hours/
2nd – Gemma Thompson, Wins and Wanderings- https://winsandwanderings.wordpress.com/2017/09/24/48-hours-in-belfast/
3rd – Keri Allan, Ladies What Travel – http://www.ladieswhattravel.com/experience-bristol-like-local/
To enter, simply:
Write a post on your own travel blog about how to best experience your city like a local in 48 hours. What sights, restaurants, and nightlife would you recommend to a tourist to make their experience truly memorable? What’s the best way to travel around the city? Do you have any money saving hacks that locals swear by? Get creative with the direction of the post, but make sure that it’s clear you’re taking part in the #likealocal travel blog competition by using the hashtag and linking to the URL of this page within your post (https://www.omio.co.uk/blog/likealocal-travel-blog-competition/).
Once your post is live:
1. Email us at email@example.com with the URL to your ‘like a local’ post.
2. Tweet us @GoEuro and join the conversation on Twitter #likealocal.
All three winners will be chosen by a third party blogger based on the most creative and well written posts, and will be notified on the 11th of October, 2017.
Need some inspiration?
If you want to make your post as unique as possible, have a browse through our blog and see if we have featured your city before; if so, think about all the great things to do in your city that we may have missed. Are there other hidden gems that you can tell us about? Perhaps our 24 hours in London or 6 Tips to Travel Around Barcelona Like a Local posts will help you get started. Go wild! And good luck!
While you’re at it – why not join our Facebook community of Locals in Europe sharing their own practical, insider tips on their cities! Feel free to share your post in the group to expand your audience even further!
Terms & Conditions
- The Blogger Competition is run by Omio Travel GmbH, Schönhauser Allee 180, 10119 Berlin, Germany.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions. Omio employees and their relatives are excluded from the competition.
- Applicants must be of legal age and must hold valid UK residency.
- The Omio #likealocal Travel Blogger Competition will run on Omio’s Blog and the official Omio Facebook and Twitter pages.
- The closing date for entry will be at 23:59 (GMT+1) on Wednesday, 4th October 2017. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- The Competition includes three prizes. The first prize includes transportation booked through the Omio platform, to a destination of your choice 300 GBP. The second prize is a Fuji Instax Mini camera in a colour of your choice worth 65 GBP. (*Please note that the colour may be subject to availability.) The third prize is a portable powerbank worth 20 GBP.
- Three winners will be chosen by a member of the Omio team at random. Omio will use randomresult.com, an online tool providing totally free random results.
- Entries that are deemed inappropriate and/or offensive will not be included. You are liable for the content of your entry.
- Only one entry per person.
- There is no cost involved to enter.
- Omio accepts no responsibility for entries not received.
- The three winners will be notified via email by Omio on 11th October 2017.
- The three winners are responsible for obtaining all necessary documentation which may include visas, valid passports, tickets, travel insurance and other travel documentation.
- A winner will forfeit his/her prize if he/she is in breach of any of the terms and conditions or has found to have manipulated the competition.
- The winner must respond by email to confirm whether they accept their prize and must contact Omio to claim their prize within 7 days of Omio sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and Omio reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner, chosen at random.
- Data relating to entrants will be retained by Omio for a reasonable period after the competition closes to assist Omio to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the competition. When you book a ticket you have to accept our data protection policy http://www.omio.com/privacy and our general Terms and Conditions http://www.omio.com/terms as well as the conditions of the transportation provider.
- Omio will only be liable for intent and negligence, except in case of a negligent breach of an essential contractual term. In this case, the liability of Omio with simple negligence is limited to the predictable damage which is typical for raffles. The limitation of liability is not valid in case of damage of life, body or health. There is no right of appeal. An enforceable claim for the winnings or the payout in cash does not exist.
- The legal framework for the conditions of this competition is the law of the Bundesrepublik Deutschland, excluding international uniform law, especially the UN Sales Convention. The legal regulations for the choice of law and for the applicability of binding rules, especially of the state, in where the consumer usually lives, remains unaffected. The legal regulations are valid for the place of jurisdiction.